Sunday, 6 September 2015

Dry Shampoos Reviewed

Hi!

Now I am a big fan of the concept of dry shampoo. I like to only wash my hair every three or four days, and by maybe the third, but definitely the fourth I am in need of something to keep the grease at bay. So I thought I'd write some mini reviews of the dry shampoos I currently have on the go.


V05 Plump It Up Dry Shampoo - I'm not sure why, but I can only find this on the V05 website, so I hope it's still available in most places. This is the best dry shampoo I have tried in that it soaks up any oiliness there is and it doesn't leave any white residue! Plus, this doesn't smell too strongly, which is something quite important for me. HOWEVER, there is a big problem in that the can doesn't last very long at all! It's not very expensive, but I would think twice about buying it again because of how quickly it was gone.

COLAB Dry Shampoo London - After so many beauty bloggers have been raving about this dry shampoo from Ruth Crilly, I was ready to be wowed and it just didn't happen. I've found that you have to use so much of it to make your hair look any less greasy, and even then, if you try to comb your hair it will go straight back to looking completely unwashed. It doesn't leave any dreaded white cast in your hair and the scent is nice and subtle, but I don't think this is the one for me. I will definitely continue to use it though and hopefully I'll be convinced.

Batiste Cherry Dry Shampoo - Batiste must be the best dry shampoo for just getting rid of that grease. There is nothing that it can't handle! It does leave white marks in your hair, but I don't find that a huge issue, as you can fairly easily brush them out. The problem I have with this is the smell. I can't deal with how strong it is. I know there are people who love it, but not me. I think once all of these are finished I will buy a different Batiste shampoo that doesn't have such a strong scent. I don't think I'll go for a coloured version, as I've heard the colour gets everywhere and looks disgusting. I'm tempted by the Nourish it range, as it sounds very interesting.

Thanks for reading! What do you think about these and other dry shampoos?

Penny xxx

12 comments:

  1. Great Review! I tend to stick to Batiste Fresh as I'm not a fan of over the top scents either. =^-^=

    Sam | Momentarily Dreaming

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad someone sees what I mean :D

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried the vo5 one but I am tempted as I do love vo5 products.
    I am inlove with Batiste dry shampoo though as it truly is the best.
    The Batiste XXL Volume dry shampoo is actually on another level. It super soaks up any grease and makes your hair look incredible. Nothing compares to it! Also I don't think the smell of it is too pungent either
    withloveamrit♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should give it a go if you see it in store somewhere! I think they've got another one as well. I might have to give that one a go, but I don't know if I need too much more volume in my hair... :/

      Delete
  3. I love the Batise dry shampoo in the cherry scent, its my favourite! And like you I wasn't a huge fan of the Colab dry shampoo either! Great post x
    OhjustAlice.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaggh can't believe you like the cherry scent! Glad someone else isn't on the blogger trend of loving colab :)

      Delete
  4. The VO5 dry shampoo is my favourite and I can't find it anywhere either :( I'm going to have to look for a replacement because Batiste isn't cutting it for me, no matter how much I rub it in my hair has a funny white cast to it!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh noooooooooooo I can't believe it's been discontinued!!!! This is a disaster. Did you find it ran out quickly as well?

      Delete
    2. Nope found it was pretty standard! Just did a bit of stalking on their Twitter page and they've been saying it's not discontinued but they are having production problems and it's harder to find at the minute! Hopefully they get it sorted soon!

      Delete
    3. Ah ok I'll definitely give it another chance then. PHEW, so glad :D

      Delete
  5. Loved reading the review! Shame about the VO5 one running out quickly x
    han // em&han xo

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I absolutely love reading my comments. I nearly always reply, so check back here a couple of days later or click notify me and I'm sure to have answered a question or just said hello! Penny xxx