Sunday, 18 October 2015

Hair Removal: What I Do

Hi!

Although I have by no means got my hair removal routine down, I thought I'd make this post as I always love reading this kind of thing (maybe it's just me???). I feel like I should apologise for being TMI, but if you've clicked on this post you should be ready for that!



I shave my armpits and legs using the Gillette Venus Classic Razor, but I currently have the Divine refills for this. I'm not totally satisfied with this and I think that when I run out of refills I will probably purchase something with some kind of moisture pad next to the razor, like the MoistureRich line, but definitely something that's on offer. I just use my normal shower gel to shave, but something that I've been doing recently to combat ingrown hairs is to exfoliate my underarms first. I've been using the Body Shop's Raspberry Body Scrub (this line is discontinued) and I think it has helped to a certain extent.

I wax my bikini line, which isn't as scary and painful as it sounds! I just feel like it's the only option that works well for me. I used to use hair removal cream which is OK as it's completely painless, but the smell isn't great and it only removes the hair from the surface and doesn't go to the root. If I ever shave - generally if it's my only option - I get so many ingrown hairs and everything is just so itchy!! So I wax, but I haven't found the perfect way to do this. I was using the Boots Smooth Care Bikini Wax Strips, which I really liked, but for some reason I then bought the Nair Argan Oil Wax Strips, which I really don't recommend. For a start, they are huge, meaning if you want to use them for your bikini line you have to cut them up, which is a little annoying but nothing major. Then, I don't know how to explain this, but I always find that they rip when you peel them apart, leaving half the paper on one side of the wax, so you can't use them. And aside from this, I just don't find them at all as effective as the Boots wax strips - they hardly seem to get any hair at all.

I have a mole on my chin that hairs grow out of, so I always pluck them out whenever I notice them. If I ever get a stray dark hair on my face or body that I'm not happy with, I'll pluck that out as well. I don't pluck my eyebrows because I'm pretty happy with the shape and don't want to mess that up.

I would really love to try epilating. I think it would be so perfect. I'm not afraid of the pain and especially after Lily Pebbles has talked about and encouraged using it I'd love to give it a go. The problem is how expensive an epilator is. The Braun Silk-Epil 9 costs £150 and as much as I want to, I'm just not prepared to shell out that much on something I may not get on with.

Thanks for reading! Which methods of hair removal do you use?

Penny xxx

2 comments:

  1. Such a good post! I shave as it's just quick, but for my bikini line I also find it ends up getting itchy! Does this still happen when using hair removal cream? I'm not brave enough to wax any part of my body! Haha x

    http://vanilladrxps.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it's so itchy when you use hair removal cream, but it's not so easy and I don't think it looks as smooth either! I bought a new razor today I'm hoping it will solve my problems.... (it definitely won't haha!) xx

      Delete

Hi! I absolutely love reading my comments. I nearly always reply, so check back here a couple of days later or click notify me and I'm sure to have answered a question or just said hello! Penny xxx